Monday, February 29, 2016

Gypsy 
by Alfonso Colasuonno

I first saw her down by the train station and I knew there was something about her that the other girls didn't possess and that if I would speak with her some of her magic would bewitch and I did then she took me by the hand and away from the crowds before leaving me alone where I scratched and I clawed and I grew a long marrano beard and my finest ginghams wore to their seams yet I met her again somewhere off beyond the desert we kissed like friends and made love in the sand over and over and over and I forgot to return to that train station where she had her ticket no trick of the light or dry illusion I caught my connection.
 
Halfway Across, Halfway Up
by Alfonso Colasuonno

It’s
Like
How
It
All
Flows
Out
Of 
You
On
DMT
Siren
Just
Please
Overtake
Me
And
Decalcify
I
Need
To
Enter
The
Garden
Just
Oh
God
Open
Me
Up
 
Not Going in n+1
by Alfonso Colasuonno

So what you’re saying to me
Is that no, I can’t be introduced
To the tune of “Dick in Dixie” by 
Hank Three at this huge shindig?

They’d do it on the Interstate

What? Against my image?

East coast elitism?
 
Gravedancer
by Alfonso Colasuonno

It’s 3:30 in the morning
I’m awake on my friend’s floor
Bukowski’s words in my hands
His words penetrate my mind
Human nature exposed in less than 300 pages.

And I wish that there were men these days
Even remotely reminiscent of Chuck B.
Behind some manly exterior
A layer of intuition and warmth
These things pass in time

Life will kill you
Like it killed him
Put your feet on the bar
Try to scatter your ash in the tray
And aim to find a woman tomorrow night.

 

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...