Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Few Thoughts on Beauty Queens and Models...and Donald Trump


As I watched Donald Trump exculpate and recoronate Miss California, a few thoughts popped into my head. Was that question on gay marriage deliberately planted to bring attention to the Miss Universe pageant, The Apprentice or even the Donald himself? Carrie Prejean looks strikingly similar to his second wife, Marla Maples, another young beauty queen who for a brief moment in time caught his fancy...before he moved on (or back) to foreign born posers! Could that be the reason he went so easy on her and allowed her to continue her reign? And lastly, not a word about the fake boobs, but plenty about being a role model for teen girls and young women. Am I the only one who sees a dichotomy and contradiction there?

Karen Ann DeLuca ©

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...