Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It’s coffee and big windows. On Van Buren Street.
The crowd from one side to the other move in unison
When the lights say so. Go.
The rumble of the trains overhead for louder talk.
Or pause until it’s gone by.

I don’t touch the stuff. Coffee.
“What do you want from me?”

Again trains rumble overhead.
Going east this time.
Better yet write your demands
on napkins.
The blank side without the shop logo.

Demands.
“Do you know who I am?”
Van Buren street, busy.
The big buildings. Viaducts.
Coffee. Sandwich shops.
Downtown.
People in downtown dress.

Press themselves into seats
in these establishments.

“Do you know who I am?”
Just a lonely man really.
With a camera however
He does powerful things.

Included in her demands
Which he pockets.
“Going forward we’ll never come here again.” (glo)

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...