Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Reconnect

The person I was wants
to meet the person I am.
We could sit down for coffee,
but I bet we would only stare
at each other.  With not much
to say.  

So I hate to do this, but I am
not returning the call, not showing
up, and my usual latte will get
cold unless my other decides
to drink it up.

Take Us Home

I've had one too many
before I know
and I feel my legs bending,
so take me home.

I've read one too many
words, and seen one
too many hero pulled
down by reality, so take
me home, quick

I've met one too many
people, seen one too many
hidden truth, and had one
too many bitter conversations,
so take me home, so soon.


Pop a Joint

I'm all bound up,
pressing against bone,
ready to pop

My affinities, my
contrary nature, should
be loosed

I was banished by
my own fascination,
and I have to confront
my own self,

So pop me loose
from my bones.
 
J. "Ash" Gamble

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...