Friday, February 4, 2011

I am a long-time poet. A Native from France I enjoy playing with language. I pursued my education in United States and currently I am about to receive a M.F.A in creative writing from Antioch University, Los Angeles. I taught English and French classes at the University of Alaska, Southeast and currently I reside in Riverside, California. I write original pieces in both English and French and also self-translate my work.
My poetry has appeared in Tidal Echoes and Cirque.


Thank you for considering my work. I look forward to hearing from you.



Sincerely,


Alicia Ristau


One



The

rose

bush

hears

mothers

weep

in

the

swirls

of

a

morning

rain

drop

at

the

edge

of

a

petal.


Amstramgram
(inspired by Picasso’s ‘Les Demoiselles d’Avignon’)

ainsi, c'est ainsi
imitation of the real
reinterpretation of the human
deformed figure, face, body
squares, angles, and arrows
ainsi, c'est ainsi
the nude skin tones
roses and peaches
become amstramgram
a grape of vine
ainsi, c'est ainsi
subtle and reinvented
a game of the real
a canvas of a lost man
amongst women, body parts
a nursery rhyme
amstramgram


Nude in a Tree

I saw a nude in a tree
I touched, caressed, and massaged nude breasts
I pressed down on a breast, prayed to God, placed my tongue on a nipple,
and played with its tip. Green leaves circled my tongue, branches framed her skin, and afternoon birds. The green veins spread like forest fire.

Legs took root in the earth
water, soil, wood pulp
she had green feathered wings

let me put a crown on her head!
she is the paper to my poem
she pulls each word out of my typography
a fine page

there is my tree
there is my nude

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...