Friday, June 25, 2010

Choice

Choice is...real

...unreal, unwanted

Choice does not let you choose,

or make decisions, choice forces you

to decide.

Yet, deciding really offers you no choice

of all the options.

Choice offends your decisions.

Just as decisions mock your choices.

So choose wisely.



EDGE


I sit and I listen

Watch the phone

Wait for your ring

Even knowing you may

not call, keeps me on

edge

I guess I like being on edge

It gives me a sense of excitement

The excitement I must

look forward too.

It gives me that senses of comfort

that I beg for

I continue to listen in the house

to hear you, even though

I know you are no longer here

The somber sound of your sleeping breath

reminded me of comfort

Gave me hope...I guess?

In the morning we would brew our day

over brewed coffee

Planning our adventures

not our leap from the edge



The Breakup


The weight of the world falls upon my chest with an unassuming heaviness. It fills my lungs with bubbles, popping at each gasping breath I attempt to draw into my heaviness


I felt as though I was under a grand piano, hanging only by a thin unstable cable, outside a glassless window, many many storeys above me, as I stand unknowingly on the sidewalk below.


The piano begins to inch, ever so slightly, slowly, down each floor. The ebb of its decline makes it hard for me to see it is falling towards me. But every once in awhile, I see slight movement out of the corner of my eye, which would remind me of my fate, and not to plant my feet too far in the ground.


Every so often the wind would gently brush the ivory keys and make a sweet and promising sound, but the wind would cease, and the piano continued to rush towards me, now picking up speed.


I felt a storm coming. My guts twisted and churned, like I knew exactly what was to come, but did not anticipate the weight of the beautiful object hovering, still above me.


I looked up just in time to see the piano before it hit, and I prayed to whoever was listing to at the least, not hit me too hard.


But it would become apparent that that request was inevitable, it was going to hit me, but it was up to me how hard the impact would be.


I thought quick on my ungrounded feet.... If I dodged to the right it would crush my legs....If I fell to the left it would surely crush my arms... but if I stayed directly under it..and took the hit head on, I was sure to get out...bruised, scarred but nevertheless....Alive!


I am glad I chose that outcome for myself... It's not how the weight of the world hits you, but how you decide to fall victim under it.


Meaghan Lank

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...