Monday, September 22, 2008

THIS IS WHY I WRITE

Writing makes me feel happy and writing makes me feel free;
When I pickup a pen and paper, expressing myself is all I like to be.
Whether it be an article or a nice poem, when I focus, the words just seem to flow;
It's like a time machine, going back in time, I just relax and let the thoughts go.
Sometimes I like to write about happy times, but mostly I just like to write;
The visions & memories that I write about, simply reminds me that life is alright.
I can travel on a fantastic adventure, and I can venture through memory lane;
As I visualize about creative journeys, I see a beautiful world that is still untamed.
Escaping this crazy world, if even just for a short while;
Feelings I haven't seen in a long time, not since I was a child.
Oh what a wonderful feeling I have when I write, so many stories to share;
It reminds me how good life can be, what others think, I really don't care.
When I get lost in my words, I feel like I can conquer the world;
Even if you think you can't write, just try it and give it a whirl.



UNEXPLAINABLE JOURNEY

On one very special day, my Mother brought me into this world;
She only wished for a healthy baby, no matter if boy or girl.
Learning so much from my upbringing, education was in session;
I was taught life's twists & turns, I received so many lessons.
In no time at all, I quickly sprouted up like a tree;
I received the toughest discipline, because I needed to be the best I could be.
When I completed my real life schooling, it was time to branch out on my own;
I needed to take my life to the next level, I needed to prove I could make it and demonstrate what I was shown.
It was no easy voyage, there were lots of bumps in the road;
But remembering what I was taught, I took on some heavy loads.
There were many many rough days and I may have been down, but I was never out;
Figuring out and correcting my mistakes, now that's what it's all about.
Never give up and never quit, that is the motto that I live;
I may not immediately reach my goals, but my best step forward is what I give.
Life is a big journey, and sometimes the trip can be a real drag;
But one thing is for certain, I shall never raise the white flag.

WINTER IS NO FRIEND OF MINE

It's the changing of seasons and here comes the snow;
No more birds are singing, I wonder where they all go.
I miss the butterflies and even the bees;
The grass is turning brown and there are no fruit in the trees.
The days are short and the nights are just too long;
I miss the sunshine, oh I wish the snow was all gone.
Going to miss the wind in my face, can't let my rag top down;
I love car drives, but until Summer, there is no cruising around town.
Oh it's a very frosty morning, I hate putting on gloves;
Wish I could wear my shorts, but I see a snow storm brewing above.
So much for a picnic in the park, I'll have to wait awhile;
Until Spring is in the air, the beaches will be deserted for miles.
Ice cycles on my window panes, the sight alone makes me shiver;
If I don't light up the furnace, a chilly night is what Winter will deliver.
Eggnog may be a good touch, but I rather be sipping on ice tea;
Cold weather doesn't appeal to me, year long summers are for me.
From Rollerblades on the boardwalks, to people walking their dogs;
You can't do this on icy afternoons, but you can count on a dense fog.
Until it's Summer time again, I will be inside by eight;
Just like bears, Winter makes me want to hibernate.

GOOD FOR THE SOUL

When I write a poem, I feel as though I am on a never ending adventure;
I can do anything that my heart desires, going to distant lands that is for sure.
Venturing through the solar system, yet my feet never leave the ground;
I shot a missile on Jupiter, didn't even make a sound.
Last week I saw Napolean, he was much shorter than I thought;
I met Mark Anthony, he told me about all the battles he fought.
I discovered a cure for cancer, oh what a dream;
When I write a poem, nothing is impossible it seems.
I saw my grandfather, when he was just a boy;
That experience was breath taking, just the sight gave me so much joy.
I even saw myself as I was writing this poem, that was an amazing thing;
Imagine seeing yourself doing something, before the idea from your mind could bring.
The ideas from writing a poem is unlimited, yet never enough;
I can't wait for the next idea, that is going to be some exciting stuff.

AMAZING & BREATH TAKING

It was so remarkably uplifting, it was the greatest of dreams;
I woke up so refreshed, so real to me it seemed.
Never in my life, have I ever experienced something so spiritual;
It was much more than just a dream, it was more like a unique ritual.
My body was lifted & carried, my spirits witnessed a blessing;
It took me years, now I finally feel rejoiced, I'm no longer stressing.
Out of nowhere, this giant object resembling a great ark;
It landed on a mighty pier, moored by metal lines, it looked so sharp.
The skies immediately turned dark, the ground quickly flooded from the showers;
So over-whelmed I was about to touch the lines, when silent angels pointed at the tower.
They guided me aboard, I felt like I had never before;
When I stepped onto the decks, my body & soul started to soar.
For on the surface of the deck, there appeared imprints of sacred faces;
Frozen by the revelations, I could only take tiny paces.
When I woke up from this dream, I knew I had seen the light;
This was a message from above, it was now up to me to read it right.

C O M M E N T A R Y


IS KNOWLEDGE POWER:

Knowledge is definitely power, and there is no other way to put it. There are so many ways to achieve it, and there is no single way that's better than another, as long as you use good judgment and apply yourself.
If you are more suited in reading a good book, then do it or maybe you are more productive in volunteering and performing community service, it doesn't matter what your preference is, as long as you are storing this experience in your memory bank, and apply it to your every day lives.
I can recall when I was in elementary school in grade 5, I was an average speller, but I wasn't happy with the production because I knew that I could do better. Therefore, I developed another way of recognizing the pronunciation and syllables, and when I moved up to grade 6, I received straight A grades and represented the class in the school's annual spelling bee.
It really doesn't matter how you get to the store, as long as you arrive there by taking the good road and returning home with what you sought out to purchase. It doesn't matter if that road was an old dusty road or a fancy road like Park Avenue, if it doesn't open up doors of knowledge, it might as well be a dead-end.
Now, knowledge is not something you are born with, in fact in most cases, to acquire useful knowledge, you have to make mistakes, and when you encounter those mistakes, how you harvest and convert those mistakes into a positive experience is what separates a wise man from a foolish one.
During my childhood I was a very good student, but until I left home and traveled abroad and across the country, I had not yet reached my full learning potential, because there is classroom knowledge, and there is real life knowledge.
I do not feel that one is more important than the other, and they are actually dependent on the other, if you want to have a more balanced knowledge potential. Some people learn by reading and there are some that learn better by the hands-on approach, but regardless of which style you choose, what is most important is that you find your comfort zone, because if you are not cozy in what you are doing, you will not receive the full benefits, and you will fall short, because there is no doubt that knowledge rules.


OUR NEXT GENERATION - Are things getter better or worst:

When it comes to debating whether or not the generation is getting better or worst, comes down to who you ask. If you ask me, I feel that there is always something good and bad about any particular current event or trends that surround this world.
I feel that it is very important to have an unbiased and open-minded approach when reaching a decision on the path that this generation is headed. You have good apples as well as bad ones, but then again, this is the same question that our parents were debating when we were teenagers, therefore we shouldn't jump the gun so quickly in labeling this current generation.
Didn't we just hate it when our parents were on our backs to be more like they were? Is it fair of us to force "all" of our ideas on this generation? If we did that, we would be guilty of what we rebelled against with our parents during our youth.
I think we should be careful not to stereotype this generation based on the small majority, and instead look at the big picture, because we live in a democracy and everyone is entitled to their own ideas and opinions, and that involves the lifestyles that they may choose to live.
I would rather worry about a serial killer living in my neighborhood, than a kid who wears outlandish hair colors, as long as that kid is a law abiding citizen. They should be allowed to express themselves, whether we approve or not - to them we may seem a bit different or odd.
I remember as a kid, I would put salty peanuts in my soda, and now that I reflect back on that and other things that kids have done and continue to do, I just smile and remember how cool it was to be different. People, it's not that serious - they are just like we were, whether we care to admit it or not.
At some point in time, we need to cut that "apron string" and give this generation some room to grow. We need to support them more, and spend less time criticizing and alienating ourselves from them.
If we don't like what our kids are doing or where they may be heading, lets do something now about it, before they get set in their ways, but I am very confident that this generation will take this planet to a new level, just as we did during our time to shine.

IS A HOUSE ALWAYS A HOME?:

It doesn't matter whether you live in a mansion, apartment or townhouse - it's not a home if you don't put your heart into it. As a child, we didn't have the greatest luxuries or for that matter even money to go to eat at MacDonald's or Burger King, but one thing was for sure, when it came to love, friendship and togetherness, there was plenty to go around in our house.
Who cares how many cars you have parked in the garage or how many maids you have on your staff, it doesn't make a home unless you share the love to go along with those material things. Of course, everyone wants to make as much money as they can, but I'll take the love of my Daughter over any sum of money.
A home is when you come home from work and you are greeted by a lovely smiling face who only wants her Father home with her, and less interest for whatever he may have brought home for her.
As a child we all had a part to do to upkeep the house, and at the time it seemed like a chore, but later as we all joked around and acted silly and horsing around, it was all worth it, for we felt an ownership because it was home enjoyed by all.
A home is a place where no matter what room you walk into, you can feel the warmth like a cozy comforter or home made quilt. The home is all the fond memories of wrestling with my brothers and sisters and then how we never even threw a single swipe at each other, but it was just a weird way of showing togetherness - just being a kid.
I still remember those chilly winter days, and going outside and helping my Grand Father chop wood for that ole fireplace. I remember sitting around and smelling the aroma of those roasted chestnuts and butter. That was indeed a home and no matter how hard we had it outside of the home, we had one another and nobody could ever take that away from us.
I remember the get-together on those Thanksgivings & Christmas in particular, with all the cakes and pies. My Mother would ask each kid what type of cake they wanted, and she would bake each kid's favorite. I remember how cozy and close we felt as a family as we played games together such as bingo, poke-no and hearts. If that was not a home, well I don't know what is.

Lt T

Helpless I do not know if good intentions prevail among the elected, among the appointed, leaving me apprehensive that the fate ...